Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day: A Perfect Day to Put the Labors Aside






     This is a day that is meant to kick back and relax.  I'm not going to be any exception to this rule, I'm taking it easy today and putting everything off until tomorrow.  I see me on the aft deck of the boat today and it feels like a Panama Red kind of day.  It is my friend Carlos E. Esquivel G's birthday and Panama Red somehow seems appropriate for this occasion.  What a concept, Panama Red and the Keys, fit together like a glove.  ;o)

1 comment:

  1. The finest rum I've ever tasted, light or dark. Definitely sipping-only (if you ever find a bottle; I got lucky in January 2017--it was discontinued in 2014). This is a benchmark rum. One of the very few I've tasted with what I call a "tobacco undertone" (more commonly referred to as combinations or variations of "'smokey', 'woody', 'oakey'" with highlights of 'vanilla' and 'caramel'" (depends on whether you are a smoker or not)).
    If a rum can achieve that level of sophisticated flavor (a result of the vanillans within the oak & bourbon traces in the aging cask, as well as the mastery of the rum distillers & its blending (a "single-pot" with such refinement I have not tasted, likely due to the cost & rarity of single-barrel rums (akin to single-malt scotches). At any rate, if you persevere you'll find a bottle (I paid $25) & quickly realize it's a sin to drink other than neat, unchilled. Use it as a reference point with which to gauge all other rums.

    ReplyDelete